11. It is important that enough money __________to fund the project.
A. be collected
B. must be collected
C. is collected
D. can be collected
12. You' d better take an umbrella with you __________it rains.
C. in case
D. so that
13. Frankly speaking, I' d rather you __________anything about it for the time being.
A. didn' t do
B. haven' t done
C. don' t do
D. have done
14. I' m sorry I can' t see you immediately; but if you' d like to take a seat, I'll be with you__________.
A. for a moment
B. in a moment
C. for the moment
D. at the moment
15. The trumpet player was certainly loud. But I wasn' t bothered by his loudness __________by his lack of talent.
B. more than
D. so much as
16. Our new house is very __________for me as I can get to the office in five minutes.
17. Our journey was slow because the train stopped __________at different villages.
18. We love peace, yet we are not the kind of people to yield __________any military threat.
19. I' m very sorry to have __________you with so many questions on such an occasion.
20. If the whole operation __________beforehand, a great deal of time and money would have been lost.
A. was not planned
B. has not been planned
C. had not been planned
D. were not planned
CopyRight© 中国继续教育网 版权所有 I 粤ICP备19020512号